Saturday 12 March 2011

Ancillary Task - CD Digipak

Part of our task was to produce a CD front cover, back cover and two CD inserts for our artist. To start with, I used Photoshop as it was already installed onto the computers in my media class. However, as I'd never used it before I found it very difficult to produce good quality work on it and decided to use Paint Shop Pro instead. Although I needed some help to work out how to use certain tools, I found it much easier to use than Photoshop. After we'd filmed the performance scenes in the drama studio on our second day of filming, we decided to take some photos that we could use for our ancillary task. I chose the photos I liked the best and using the edge seeker selection tool on Paint shop pro, I cut Emma out from the backgrounds which would make it easier to produce new images. I used the same font colours throughout all of the pictures included in my digipak, and made all of my backgrounds black. I decided to use some vintage style brushes to use in the background of my front cover as it made it look less plain without making it take the attention away from the picture of Emma. I used a similar background for the CD inserts to keep consistency throughout my digipak. On the back cover, I didn't want to keep a plain background because it looked quite boring but I didn't want to use the vintage brushes again as I thought it would be too repetitive. So I decided to use a gradient for my background to give it more texture. It still looked quite plain when I finished so I added a vintage brush to match the theme. My front cover, insert and back cover can all be seen below.

Front Cover


Thank You Insert


Lyrics Insert



Back Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment